While Googling for Bonnaroo lineup announcements, I saw that Stereogum had posted twelve clues for bands playing the 2008 Bonnaroo. Bonnaroo is always a summer highlight for me, so naturally I’m supremely excited. Here’s a few to puzzle you for a little while. Yes, it looks like #3 is most likely Metallica. Groan or celebrate as you will.
UPDATE: The full lineup will be hitting the internet tonight at midnight. Everyone from the Tennessean to NME is claiming to have the exclusive, but you can bet it won’t take long for the information to spread. And here I thought nothing could keep me from going to trivia tonight…
1. “There is more than one Manchester”
2. “Memphis isn’t Albany”
3. “Clouds taste this way”
4. “Some Herrings are red, Jimmy”
5. “Hard Substance, Soft Substance”
6. “Janis Joplin’s reserves will be preserved”
7. “Rumors are just rumors, but twist them sideways, grow your humor hair and they become a more yen reality. No, this is not about Fleetwood Mac”
8. “It’s not sour, what is sowed in the earth”
9. “Three certain birds, add one”
10. “Look to the center of Europe to get the sound, but the band comes from all around.”
11. “Here is another clue for you message board people. Open up the church and you will see the steeple. Some of your guesses have been way off but correct for the wrong clues. Now I must cough.”
12. Charlie’s imaginary band will not be playing and don’t believe what he wrote on his hand and the last few things he was not saying.